- To delete your Snapchat account on an iPhone, open the app and go to Settings, then Account Actions, and tap on Delete Account. Follow the on-screen steps to delete your account.
- For Android users, go to Snapchat’s website and log in to your account. Follow the on-screen steps to delete your account.
- You need a smartphone or tablet with the Snapchat app or access to a computer to delete Snapchat.
- Reasons for deleting Snapchat vary, from discomfort with AI integrations to wanting to delete someone else’s account.
- When you delete your Snapchat account, it will be deactivated for 30 days, during which your friends won’t be able to contact you. After 30 days, your account will be permanently deleted.
- When your Snapchat account is permanently deleted, most of your data will be deleted as well, except for some personal data that Snapchat retains for legal, security, and business purposes.
So you want to delete your Snapchat account? Well, let me tell you, it’s as simple as convincing someone that pineapple doesn’t belong on pizza. If you’re an iPhone user, just open the app, go to Settings, and tap Delete Account. Android users, on the other hand, have to visit Snapchat’s website and follow some straightforward steps. Just make sure you have access to a device with the Snapchat app or a computer. Now, why would you want to delete Snapchat? Maybe you’re not a fan of their AI integrations or perhaps you’re trying to protect someone else from the addictive nature of the app. When you delete your account, it’s like saying goodbye to an annoying friend who keeps sending you Snaps of their lunch. Your account will be inactive for 30 days, during which your friends can’t bug you anymore. And after that, poof! It will be permanently deleted, just like your ex’s number in your phone. Snapchat claims they delete most of your data, but let’s be honest, they probably keep some personal info for “legal, security, and business needs.” But hey, it’s nothing compared to the data Facebook has, right? So go ahead, delete Snapchat, and make sure to take a selfie of your triumphant moment.
Original Article: https://www.pocket-lint.com/how-to-delete-snapchat/