- The Specialized Echelon II is the best bike helmet for commuters, according to experts and testers.
- The helmet has a customizable fit and excellent ventilation.
- It is certified by both the CPSC and Snell for safety.
- The helmet is reasonably priced and offers great value for the quality.
- An alternative budget pick is the Specialized Align II, which is slightly thicker and less ventilated but still meets all the criteria for fit and safety.
- Other notable helmets include the Bell Formula and Bontrager Solstice.
- The MIPS technology used in some helmets, which is meant to reduce rotational impact, is still unproven and not necessary for safety.
If you ride a bike, wear a helmet! The Specialized Echelon II is the top pick for commuters because it has a great fit and keeps your head cool. Plus, it’s certified by both the CPSC and Snell for safety, so you can ride with peace of mind. If you’re on a budget, the Specialized Align II is a great alternative. It offers excellent value for the price and still meets all the necessary safety requirements. So protect your noggin and get yourself a helmet!
Original Article: https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/?p=9123