- Hublot has collaborated with Takashi Murakami to create the MP-15, a unique sapphire timepiece with a central tourbillon.
- The dial and movement of the watch blend seamlessly, with hour indices angled around the tourbillon cage.
- The tourbillon is designed without an upper bridge, allowing for a floating appearance.
- The 42mm case is made of sapphire crystal in the shape of Murakami’s iconic flower motif.
- The watch features a transparent strap, but sunlight may cause it to change color over time.
- The manual-winding tourbillon movement has a power reserve of 120 hours.
- The crystal on the dial features Murakami’s artistic work.
- The MP-15 Takashi Murakami is limited to 50 pieces and will be available in November 2023.
Well, well, well, look at Hublot getting all fancy with their new sapphire creation, the MP-15 Takashi Murakami. They’ve teamed up with the famous artist to create a watch that’s like a piece of art on your wrist. The dial and movement are intricately intertwined, sort of like when your headphones get all tangled up in your pocket. But instead of frustration, you’ll be filled with awe and wonder at the tourbillon spinning in the center. And let’s not forget about that sapphire case, shaped like a beautiful flower. It’s so transparent that even the sun can’t resist shining through it. Just make sure not to wear it to a nudist beach, or you might blind someone with all that light refraction. All in all, this watch is a true masterpiece, and if you’re lucky enough to get your hands on one of the 50 limited edition pieces, you’ll be the envy of collectors everywhere.
Original Article: https://www.watchadvice.com.au/?p=20775