- European investors are closely watching the drama surrounding OpenAI, comparing it to a Greek tragedy unfolding on Mount Olympus.
- The turmoil at OpenAI is expected to have positive effects on Europe’s AI sector, with startups like Mistral potentially poaching talent from OpenAI.
- Investors predict that the events at OpenAI will impact term-sheet negotiations, with founders becoming more resistant to board control over CEO replacement.
- European applied AI startups heavily rely on OpenAI, and the turmoil is pushing them towards Microsoft, which could have major implications for those outside the Microsoft ecosystem.
- There are concerns about the heavy-handed regulation coming from the EU and the need for more AI champions locally.
- On the upside, the chaos at OpenAI is playing out in public on social media, providing entertainment for observers.
European investors are tuning in to the drama at OpenAI like it’s a new season of “Succession.” It’s become a Greek tragedy unfolding on Mount Olympus, with the tech gods battling it out while we mere mortals watch in awe. Some investors see this drama as a positive for Europe’s AI sector, with startups like Mistral potentially benefiting from OpenAI’s woes. However, there are concerns about the impact on term-sheet negotiations and the reliance of European AI startups on OpenAI. The chaos at OpenAI is also making some European investors question the heavy-handed regulation coming from the EU. On the bright side, the public spectacle on social media is providing entertainment that you just wouldn’t find in Europe. So grab your popcorn and enjoy the show, folks!
Original Article: https://techcrunch.com/?p=2631933