- Microsoft is hiring former OpenAI CEO Sam Altman and co-founder Greg Brockman to lead a new advanced AI research team.
- Altman was fired from OpenAI on Friday, and after negotiations to bring him back failed, he decided to join Microsoft.
- Altman’s hiring by Microsoft comes just hours after negotiations with OpenAI’s board fell apart.
- The former Twitch CEO and co-founder Emmett Shear will serve as interim CEO of OpenAI.
- Microsoft has formed a new advanced AI research team to be led by Altman and Brockman.
Microsoft swooped in and hired former OpenAI CEO Sam Altman after negotiations to bring him back to OpenAI fell apart. It’s like a soap opera, but with artificial intelligence. First, Altman was fired, then he tried to make a comeback, and finally, he found a new home at Microsoft. Looks like he’s getting a second chance at success. Meanwhile, OpenAI is left with an interim CEO and the hope of finding a new direction. It’s all happening in the world of AI drama! Who needs reality TV when you can follow the tech industry?
Original Article: https://www.theverge.com/2023/11/20/23968829/microsoft-hires-sam-altman-greg-brockman-employees-openai