- A new AI-powered clipping software called Powder can detect when a creator yells during a gaming stream and create montages of those moments.
- Powder has developed over 40 proprietary AI models for popular games like Fortnite and Apex Legends.
- The software scans stream recordings and finds spikes in activity, including victories, assists, and kills, to create short montages for creators to share on social media.
- Powder is also launching speech-to-text technology, allowing creators to get a transcript of their streams and search for specific words or highlights.
- The company is updating its “Community Hype” feature, which detects chat spikes and recommends clips where the community “goes crazy.”
- Powder claims to save streamers around 10 hours per week in searching for highlights and editing clips.
Powder is like a personal assistant for gamers, doing all the work of finding the best moments in their streams so they can focus on playing the game. Not only can it create montages of intense shouting moments, but it also offers speech-to-text technology, so gamers don’t have to rely on their memory to find specific highlights. And with the updated “Community Hype” feature, they can see what their fans loved the most. Now, all gamers need is an AI that can make them better at the games themselves!
Original Article: https://techcrunch.com/?p=2631595