- Since the terrorist attack by Hamas on October 7, the number of internet-connected honeypots in Israel has dramatically increased.
- Honeypots are decoy networks or systems designed to lure hackers in and observe their techniques.
- The increase in honeypots started in September and has continued to rise.
- Israel now ranks in the top three countries in the world in terms of the number of deployed honeypots.
- The reason for the increase in honeypots is unclear, but it could be for tactical advantage and to monitor adversaries’ online activity.
Wow, Israel is really stepping up its game in the cybersecurity world. With the increase in honeypots, they are clearly trying to outsmart their adversaries by monitoring their online activities. It’s like playing a game of cat and mouse, but with hackers instead of rodents. I can imagine the hackers getting caught in these honeypots and thinking, “Wait, this isn’t the honey I was expecting!” But hey, at least Israel is having a sweet victory in the world of cybersecurity. Keep up the good work, Israel!
Original Article: https://techcrunch.com/?p=2631687