- The TTArtisan 35mm F1.8 AF lens for Sony E-mount offers average autofocus performance, with some issues in low light and with standing subjects in continuous autofocus mode.
- The lens has decent sharpness in the center wide open, but the borders and corners are better. The sharpness improves at F2.8 and beyond.
- Vignetting is significant at F1.8 but decreases at F5.6. Chromatic aberrations are low but present.
- The lens has moderate barrel distortion. Resistance to flare is very poor, with strong halo effects. Sunstars can be achieved when closed at F16.
- Portraits have a soft look at F1.8, but improve at F2.8. Color rendering and skin tones are good.
The TTArtisan 35mm F1.8 AF lens for Sony E-mount is an affordable option for those looking for a wide-angle prime lens. While its autofocus performance may not be the best, it still manages to deliver decent image quality. However, the lens does suffer from some optical issues, such as vignetting, chromatic aberrations, and distortion. If you can work around these drawbacks, it can be a fun lens to use for creative photography. Just be prepared to manually focus or switch to manual mode in certain situations. Overall, it’s a solid option for those on a budget who want to experiment with different focal lengths.
Original Article: https://sonyalpha.blog/?p=95719