- Apple has announced the long-rumored headset, which will be called Vision Pro.
- Vision Pro will be Apple’s “first spatial computer,” allowing users to stay present in the physical world while wearing it.
- The headset is expected to be launched in spring 2024, starting at $3,499.
- Apple is rumored to be working on a cheaper version of Vision Pro, set to release in 2025.
- Vision Pro will run on visionOS, a new operating system designed for visual computing.
- The headset will offer features such as eye tracking, personalized spatial audio, and advanced sensor array.
- Apple is targeting a wide range of applications for Vision Pro, including watching movies, browsing photos, and collaborating on presentations.
- The Vision Pro experience is described as emotional, immersive, and captivating.
- The headset is expected to have its own App Store, offering both familiar iPhone and iPad apps as well as new apps designed specifically for Vision Pro.
Apple’s Vision Pro headset is shaping up to be an impressive piece of technology. With its emphasis on staying present in the physical world and its range of features, including personalized audio and eye tracking, it seems like a promising entry into the world of spatial computing. The price tag may be a bit steep for some, but with a rumored cheaper version on the way, more people may be able to experience this innovative technology. Overall, Apple seems to be on track to usher in a new era of computing with the Vision Pro headset. Just make sure to take off your glasses before putting it on, or you might experience some fuzziness with text!
Original Article: https://www.macworld.com/article/557878/apple-reality-headset-ar-vr-design-features-specs-price.html